Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Meditation Tuesdays!

Well today has been a hard day for me. I have been feeling really overwhelmed with housework,laundry,kids. It seems as though I can never get anything finished or when I finish one thing something else is destroyed,dirty or needs to be washed.

Sigh.... so I really needed a time out for me this morning. One thing that I found helps me is to have a place in my house where I can have a few moments to myself. In my room I created my meditation corner. With all things I love like candles, my favorite sachet filled with lavender, Some of my favorite paintings etc. When I am feeling overwhelmed,sad, anxious I take a few moments of me time.

Take a few moments to meditate on the blessings and lessons you have received from your children.


Changing your mindset is the single most powerful and important step you can take to change your life. The power of positive thinking has been studied by the psychiatric medical, scientific and spiritual community and they've all determined the same thing - positive thinking has power. Of course, changing the way you think is easier said than done. That's where positive affirmations become a very useful tool.
What Is a Positive Thinking Affirmation?
A positive affirmation is a statement you can use to replace a commonly held negative statement. For example, if you're always saying, "I feel so overwhlemed," then a good positive affirmation to replace this sentiment might be, "I am in control and feeling calm".

Positive affirmations help you change your thinking by giving you something to lean on. They help you stay aware of your thoughts, which is the first step to changing them.
Finding the Right Affirmations for You
The next step is to determine what your negative thoughts are and to replace them. Here is a great list of positive affirmations for women.
• My body heals quickly and easily
• I am the picture of good health
• The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful
• I am a wonderful mother
• I give out love and it is returned to me tenfold
• I have a wonderful partner and we are both happy and at peace
• I am the perfect weight for me
• I make positive healthy choices for myself
• I express my needs and feelings
• I am my own unique self - special, creative and wonderful
• Everything comes to me easily and effortlessly
• I love and appreciate myself just as I am
• I accept all my feelings as part of myself
• I love doing my job
• I always communicate clearly and effectively
• It's okay for me to have everything I want
• I am getting wealthier each day
• I have an abundance of energy
• My mind is calm
• My thoughts are under my control
• I am successful in whatever I do
As you look through the list of potential positive affirmations, are any compelling? Do any of those affirmations ring true to you or cause a stir of emotion? The affirmations which resonate with you are good ones to start with. For example, if you've been struggling with your weight, spend some thing thinking about the negative self-talk you have around that issue and find a few positive affirmations which give you the strength and motivation to move through this challenge.
Affirmations are the first step toward changing your thoughts, however with any process; it takes time, practice, patience and a love and acceptance for yourself. Negative thoughts will slip in from time to time but as you practice, it will get easier. Trust yourself and the positive affirmation process. It will change your life.
Being positive truly has great power !


Go to fullsize image

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...