Monday, May 18, 2009

Beautiful Morning Verses


* * * * * * *
The golden sun is shining
Up in the
sky so blue;
Good morning, happy morning,
Good morning, sun, to you.
* * * * * * *
With joy we greet the morning sun,
Who shines with love on everyone,
Who shines in the sky, on the land and sea,
And who fills me with light
When he shines on me.
* * * * * * *
"Wake!" says the sunshine,
"It's time to get up.
Wake little daisies,


Wake little children,
And come out to play
Wake! for the world
Is so happy today!"


* * * * * * *
Awake, the sun is shining bright
He drives away the long dark night.
The moon and stars have gone to bed,
And earth is softest green is dressed.
Now we open wide our hearts
Of this great world we are all parts,
And if we work, or sleep, or play;
Be with us golden sun this day.


* * * * * * *

Early Morning Sun does shine,
Far up in the clear blue sky
Wake up sweetie, Let's begin our day
There's Lot's to see and do today.

*************************

Early morning
Bright sun
Blue sky
Turtle Dove
Let's Fly

****************************

Stretch up high
Stretch down low
wake up now
For there is snow

*******************************




4 comments:

  1. It's fantastic that you have put all of these wonderful things together for people to share. It is a real labour of love I can tell and I think you just became my number one resource for all things waldorf/steiner. I can't tell you how long I've been looking for verses. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Please feel free to share the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just put up a link to your site from my blog. Hopefully, more waldorf/steiner lovers will pop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting all of these verses. My question is, how do I know what melody to put them to? Is there a CD available or....?

    Thank you,
    Mira

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...