Saturday, April 18, 2009

A great Collection of Waldorf Verses Part 1

Here are some of our favorites:( Please note I am not the author of these I am not sure who is but the have been taught to me if you know who wrote them please feel free to contact me so I can place credit to where it goes. Thanks)

* * * * * * *
My hands upon my head I place,
On my shoulders, on my face,
On my lips, by my side,
Then behind me they will hide.
Then I will hold them way up high,
And let my fingers quickly fly,
Hold them down in front of me,
Then I'll clap them, one, two, three.
* * * * * * *
Two little feet go tap, tap, tap,
Two little hands go clap, clap, clap.
A quiet little leap up from my chair.
Two little arms reach high in the air.
Two little feet go jump, jump.. jump,
Two little fists go thump, thump, thump.
Then we all put on a golden crown,
And last of all sit quietly down.
* * * * * * *
Tick, the clock says; tick, tick, tick,
What you have to do, do quick!
Time is gliding fast away,
Let us work and work today.
* * * * * * *
I'm standing, I'm sitting,
I'm writing, I'm knitting,
I'm reading, I'm counting,
I'm swimming, I'm mounting.
I'm eating, I'm drinking,
I'm talking, I'm thinking,
I'm giving, I'm taking,
I'm laughing, I'm looking
I'm washing, I'm cooking
I'm driving, I'm rowing,
I'm kneeling, I'm growing.
I show my right hand
I show my left hand,
I show both my hands
And now I sit still.
* * * * * * *
A wise old owl
Lived in an Oak
The more he saw
The less he spoke
The less he spoke
The more he heard
Why can't we be
Like that wise old bird.

My hands upon my head I place
On my shoulders, on my face
On my hips I place them so
Now I raise them up so high
Make my fingers fairly fly
Now I clap them, one, two three
Now I fold them silently.
* * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...